JEE (joint entrance examination) – JEE Main consists of 2 papers, Paper 1 for B.Tech/ B.E. aspirants and paper 2 for B.Arch/ B. Planning. As per the exam pattern of JEE Main 2019, Paper 1 will comprise of objective type questions based on Maths, Chemistry, and Physics having equal weightage in the total of 360 marks. Whereas, Paper 2 of JEE Main will be for 390 marks based on Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing skills. Both the papers will be of 3 hours. NTA, the exam conducting body have announced the JEE Main 2019 exam pattern. According to it, Paper I and II will be conducted in two shifts per day. Also, paper 1 is being held in complete computer-based mode, while paper II is conducted partly computer-based (mathematics and aptitude test) and partly pen-and-paper based (drawing test). Engineering aspirants can improve their preparation strategy with the help of JEE Main 2019 exam pattern released by NTA(National Testing Agency).
JEE Main 2020
NTA will conduct the JEE Main 2020. The students who are preparing for this exam must know all the changes which will be introduced by NTA. Check this page about JEE Main 2020 to know all the details of this exam, some extra preparation tips, what books to read from and other important exams.
|JEE Main 2020 Dates January Exam|
|Application Form available from||02nd week of Sep 2019|
|Dates of Examination||02nd week of Jan 2020|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of Feb 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Dates April Exam|
|Application Form available from||2nd week of Feb 2020|
|Dates of Examination||02nd week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of May 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Online Examination Pattern – Key Points
- JEE Main 2020 examination for B.E./B.Tech. courses will be conducted in Online (Computer Based Examination) mode only. JEE Main 2020 will be conducted in January and April 2020. Students will have the choice to attempt one or both paper. If attempted twice, the best score among the two will be taken into account while giving admission.
- The questions in JEE Main 2020 will be objective type (multiple choice questions) with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Each question is allotted 4 marks for the correct response. One mark will be deducted for marking incorrect response of each question.
- Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution in JEE Main 2020 : Physics – Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each; Chemistry – Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each; Mathematics – Total 30 Questions of 4 marks each.
- The total duration of JEE Main 2020 examination will be 3 hours. There is no time limit for individual sections of the examination.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2020
Given below is the JEE Advanced exam pattern 2020. Exam Mode : Online (Computer-Based Test). Questions Type : Multiple Choice. Total Questions : Not fixed (108 in JEE Advanced 2019). Total Marks : Not fixed (372 for JEE Advanced 2019). Exam Duration : 6 hours (Paper 1 – 3 hours, Paper 2 – 3 hours). Negative Marking : Yes (-1). Language : English, Hindi.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||Not Fixed. 36 in JEE Advanced 2019 (18 each in Paper 1 and Paper 2)||Not Fixed. 124 for JEE Advanced 2019 (62 each for Paper 1 and Paper 2)|
|Chemistry||Not Fixed. 36 in JEE Advanced 2019 (18 each in Paper 1 and Paper 2)||Not Fixed. 124 for JEE Advanced 2019 (62 each for Paper 1 and Paper 2)|
|Mathematics||Not Fixed. 36 in JEE Advanced 2019 (18 each in Paper 1 and Paper 2)||Not Fixed. 124 for JEE Advanced 2019 (62 each for Paper 1 and Paper 2)|
JEE Advanced 2020 Online Exam Pattern – Key Points
- JEE Advanced 2020 examination will be conducted in online mode only. JEE Advanced will be a computer based test where the questions will appear on a computer screen along with the options. There will be four (or more) options for each question. The candidate has to click one of the options using computer mouse which can be reviewed or re-answered any time during the duration of the examination.
- The JEE Advanced 2020 examination will have two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hour duration each. Both the papers are compulsory. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Detailed topic-wise syllabus of JEE Advanced 2020
- Questions Pattern in JEE Advanced 2020 Online Test : All questions are of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates; Negative marks will be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions.
- The number of questions and marks distribution is not fixed in JEE Advanced exam, it likes to surprise IIT JEE aspirants every year!
- The question paper will be in English or Hindi. Candidates must choose question paper language while registering for JEE Advanced 2020. Change of question paper language will not be allowed after the registration.
Here at FQ Academy, we will give you the best quality education to prepare you for IIT-JEE
These are some of the best books which we recommend all of you to prepare from. At FQ academy we never compromise on the quality of education. We want to give our best to bring the best out of you.
BEST PHYSICS BOOKS FOR IIT JEE PREPRATION:
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
- Practice book Physics for JEE Main and Advanced by DC Pandey
- Wiley’s Halliday / Resnick / Walker Physics foe JEE(Main and Advanced) by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Problems in General Physics by E. Irodov
BEST MATHEMATICS BOOKS FOR IIT JEE PREPRATION:
- Cengage Maths by G TIWANI
- Comprehensive Mathematics for JEE Advance by Tata McGraw Hill publications
- Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics byb A Das Gupta
- Arihant Problem book in Mathematics for IIT JEE by SK Goyal
BEST CHEMISTRY BOOKS FOR IIT JEE PREPRATION:
- NCERT Textbook
- Problems in Physical Chemistry for JEE(Main And Advance) by Narendra Awasthi
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Modern APPROACH TO Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee